Internship - Southeast Region - Updated 4/26/2013 7:18:33 AM
Sports Foundation internship positions are offered for the Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters. Terms last for 13 weeks and most require some travel. Full-time and part-time internship positions are available, as well as fieldwork opportunities in Games Host Communities.
Full-time Positions Require 35-40 hours a week. Per Diem, travel and housing reimbursements are offered for out-of-town event travel.
Part-time Positions Require 20-30 hours a week. Per Diem, travel and housing reimbursements are offered for out-of-town event travel.
The Foundation offers fieldwork opportunities in communities hosting the Games.
Amateur Sports/Events Intern
1. Must be a college/university student working towards a degree in business
management, sports administration, public relations or finance.
2. Background in sports programs and events helpful.
3. Have a working knowledge of common office computer software and basic
4. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Have the ability to travel to events as necessary.
6. Good work ethic and a positive attitude.
1. Assist in all planning and implementation aspects of all Sports Foundation events, including but not limited to State Games (Summer Games, Spring Games and special events) and the Senior Games
2. Support the event staff in all projects, planning and implementation of the
3. Assist with implementation of the event marketing plan
4. Assist with event registration
5. Coordinate mailings to sports, participants, communities and etc., as needed
6. Participate in all planning sessions related to the Games, and serve as a venue or sport coordinator during the events
7. Assist in all other areas as needed
Please click on the link below to download an application, and then submit it by mail.
Apply By 5/24/2013
Apply Now for Amateur Sports/Events Intern and search thousands more Sports Jobs at WorkInSports.com