Internship - Nationwide - Updated 5/2/2013 6:48:12 AM
The Intern will contribute to the development of the company’s online marketing and outreach strategies. By monitoring key online social networking sites, the Intern will be involved with the company’s web strategy to assure customer communications at all touch points are maximized.
70% writing new content and technical expertise for the following tasks:
• Be the authorized voice of the Sport communities, new online communities for motorcycle enthusiasts by moderating message boards, blogging, emailing and interacting with the community.
• Serve as the information hub, communicator and daily monitor for online activities within company
• Manage user submitted media, messages and emails, monitoring for inappropriate content, spammers or content that can be promoted.
• Manage user experience with how-to documentation and useful tips in communications.
• Oversee special sponsorship and contest programs and tagging
• Manage positive community site experience through customer service and support.
• Manage content for email newsletters from contributors.
30% of tasks
• Participate in forums, blogs and relevant communities representing us
• Participate in other online communities
• Intermediate-expert knowledge in online social communities
• Motorcycle enthusiasts preferred
• Web design experience preferred
• Experience in Web development and community software platform, KickApps, a plus
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
Experience building flash introductions, interactive elements, and application interfaces, along with a fundamental understanding of CSS/XHTML-based web design standards.
Demonstrates flexibility; can redefine the role as needed and adapt to change.
Seeks continuous mastery of new technical and business knowledge and encourages the same in others.
Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of situations.
Builds consensus, facilitates win-win business outcomes, gains and builds commitment to new ideas and courses of action.
Clearly articulates, presents, and promotes ideas and issues before various audiences in professional settings.
Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently.
Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as part of a team.
Apply By 5/24/2013
Apply Now for Online Social Community Manager and search thousands more Sports Jobs at WorkInSports.com